Ingredients: We use all organic and minimally processed ingredients in ours.
- 3 cups organic rolled oats
- 1 cup raw almonds (soak in water overnight)
- 1 cup cashews (soak in water overnight)
- 1/4 cup organic dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/4 cup organic pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup ground organic banana chips (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbps Green Gorilla Organic Moringa (3-4 tbps if you enjoy an earthy taste)
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, and brown sugar.
In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, oil, and salt. Combine both mixtures and pour onto 2 large sheet pans. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even color.
Remove from oven and transfer into a large bowl. Add cranberries and mix until evenly distributed.
You will need the following ingredients. We like to use fresh local organic whenever possible.
- 1 pound dry organic pinto beans
- 1 medium sweet yellow organic onion
- 1 organic jalapeño
- 4 cloves organic garlic minced
- 2 tbsp fresh ground organic cumin seeds
- 1 tsp organic smoked paprika
- To taste fresh ground organic black pepper
- 2 tbsp Green Gorilla Organic Moringa Powder
- fresh organic cilantro
- To taste organic sea salt, we like to use celtic sea salt
- or pink Himalayan salt fresh cracked
STEP 1: Spread the dry beans out onto a baking sheet to pick through them and remove any stones or bad pieces. Place the beans in a colander and rinse with cool water.
STEP 2: Slice open the jalapeno and remove the seeds and ribs by scraping with a spoon. (leave in the rib and seeds if you like it hotter) Dice the jalapeno and the onion. Place the onion and jalapeno in the slow cooker along with the garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, and black pepper. Do not add the salt. (salt will cause your beans to crack and cook unevenly).
STEP 3: Add the sorted and rinsed beans to the slow cooker along with 6 cups of water (MAKE SURE BEANS ARE FULLY COVERED). Give everything a good stir to distribute the seasoning. Secure the lid and cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 8.
STEP 4: After cooking, remove as much water as possible, BUT DO NOT DISCARD THE WATER. Add your Green Gorilla Organic Moringa. This will help thicken your beans, and add a huge nutritional boost. Mash the beans and add the reserved water back in as needed. Make the beans thinner in texture than you’d expect because they will thicken as they cool. Season with salt to taste, and garnish with Cilantro.